Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Developer to buy property

I guess there are a lot of movers and shakers in this world that get their kicks and make their cash in real estate. Buying property, fixing it up, and turning it around again for a profit.

I purchased my little 2.6 acre parcel outside of Grand Rapids just over 2 years ago. I have been fixing it up ever since. A week ago, I received a call from a realtor about selling my home. Interestingly enough, my house is not even on the market. [Lucky me]

The old farm house next door to me sold last month. So, now the realtors are trying to buy up the parcels next to the property. Ah, developers.

I am sure that my little house is just getting in the way of the $500,000.00+ properties that they want to put up in place of my house. There are many $500k houses around me. I guess this area still needs more executive homes.

Unfortunately for them, I love my property and am in no hurry to move on.

No comments: