Thursday, December 15, 2005

Quirky waitress

OK, so last night after the movie we decided to go out for a bite to eat. Soup at Panera Bread actually. We walk in and the girl behind the counter is singing Christmas carols. She was very "chipper". A little too chipper. And I believe she took a liking to us (because we were the coolest people there:) as she kept stopping over to talk to us while we were eating. Not like, how's your food, but very personal stuff like"my boyfriend is in Vegas right now and called me to say he was at an all nude strip bar"; she continues: I was like, what do you want me to do about it? We mentioned we had just seen king Kong and she carried on a conversation about that, getting a bladder infection from holding her pee too long and then went off onto the Brokeback Mountain movie and how she wanted to go see that. 'Cuz the guys are so hot. Hmmm. Very bizarre little college girl working at Panera bread. Entertaining, but not, because we wanted to talk to each other but she kept popping her head into our conversation. She even tried to take away the food my friend was eating while he was still eating it?!? Very bizarre. He and I had a good laugh about her. She was either heavily caffeinated or...Ah, to be 20 again. I felt so old.

No comments: