Saturday, July 29, 2006

Locks of Love - Part 5



Well, I have done it again. I donated over 10" to Locks of Love. As I have said before, it is the easiest donation I can make. My first donation was in June 1999 and I have been able to donate the minimum 10" about every 18 months. This time it was a little over 2 years between donations. Not because my hair wasn't growing, just because I wasn't ready. On 7/13/06, I decided that it was time. Choking in the middle of the night and the heat of the heavy hair were the two main reasons. The third and best reason, was receiving a magazine from the Locks of Love organization saying that it was time to donate again. So, I finally went in and had it chopped off. It feels so much better. The girl that cut my hair gave me the dutch boy (as my sister calls it) so I ended up cutting it again.

If you ever want to do something nice for someone you don't know and have a lot of extra hair, I would recommend donating to Locks of Love. To date, I have donated about 60" of hair. One of the women I worked with used to call me Repunzel. Hmm. Oh well, it is a great cause.

No comments: