Saturday, July 29, 2006

When it rains it pours

Cliche of this last week. When it rains it pours.
On Monday I drove to the Detroit area for a second interview with a large company and while I was on the road I got a phone call about a job on this side of the state with "Company B". Tuesday morning, while I was interviewing with "Company B" I received another call for a job with "Company C". After hanging up with "B" and scheduling "C" I received an offer from Company A and they wanted an answer right away. Unfortunately, A was on the east side of the state and although it would have been a great job, I had a second interview to go thru with "B". While on the second interview with "B", company A called back again. I told them that I needed to wait. Within an hour or so, "B" called me back to offer me a job. Same rate, but this side of the state. "A" wasn't going to pay taxes which meant "B" is now at the top of the pile. "A" didn't want to hear it and tried to up the anty. Unfortunately, "B" was a much better deal since I didn't have to leave my home. "C" was a permanent job and I interviewed with them on Thursday. No news on that yet.

I said to a friend that one of two things is happening, either the economy in Michigan is starting to move again or the planets have lined up in my favor. Either way, I will take it. I like to work.

No comments: