Sunday, February 17, 2008

A beautiful day to go to Grand Haven

Yesterday was one of the first full days with sun which made it a perfect day for me to pack up my camera and head out to Grand Haven for sunset. One of the great things about living on the west side of the state of Michigan is that it is relatively easy to get to the lake in about an hour. The roads were clear and it was not too cold so I took off for the lake. I was rather surprised to see all the other folks at the lighthouse although given that it was the first day of sun in ages, I think people wanted to get out. While it was more crowded than I would have liked, it was good to get out and see the sunset. It was very red and pink, even more so than some of the summer sunsets. While that warmth in color did not translate to the air temperature, it was good for the soul.
Here are two of the pictures I shot yesterday. I will post more later.

No comments: