Friday, February 01, 2008

Project Iris



Being a photo "geek", I frequently have a camera in my hand. After getting a macro lens last fall, I started playing around with it and shooting various things up close and personal. One of those things was the eye. While eyes have actually creeped me out in years past, I've found them pretty interesting recently. I guess I was trying to see if those in my family had a similar eye shape. What I found most interesting was the variation in color within each iris. Some had a dark circle around the outside, some were just pure color. The youngest eyes were very dilated and the older folks had lots of spots in their eyes. It seems as though our eyes change over time. Some of the patterning from the elders showed up in the youngest children. It was pretty cool. I am sure some of the folks over the holidays thought I was a bit odd, but....Oh well. I am a bit of a geek.

No comments: