Monday, September 26, 2005

The stars are out tonight

One of the many things I like about living out in the "country" is being able to walk out into my yard at night and look up and see the stars. Not a bunch of city lights that block the bigger dipper and other constellations. I get to see the stars. : )

Tonight as I walked out to the mailbox and observed the stars, I was reminded of living in Raleigh, NC, after Hurricane Fran [9.6.96]. Although the hurricane had done some damage to the area and I had no power for 10+ days, my friends and I enjoyed hanging out under the stars in the middle of the city. It was a treat to see the stars in an area normally flooded by city lights. The nights after the storm were pretty peaceful, actually relaxing. The storm sure as hell wasn't. A storm like that changes your perspective on things. I know my view of hurricanes has changed and I really don't want to go thru another one. I guess it is OK living in Michigan.

No comments: