Monday, October 31, 2005

Fall at it's peak





Ah, the colors are beautiful at my house these days. I know that it will not last much longer as the heavy clouds are finding their way into MI. A sure sign of the impending winter season. While I am not a big fan of winter I am trying to take in all the warmth of the colorful leaves. Many of my trees have shed their season's growth, but a few are just beginning the process. I think it all has to do with the hills and valleys in my yard; which spots are cooler (more exposed) and those that are more protected from the wind. Those that are more protected still have many of their leaves and the colors went from green (last week) to yellow this week. Its funny how the colors of the leaves are so warm when the weather begins to cool and we are left with nothing but cool colors thru winter.



No comments: