Monday, October 24, 2005

Fall Colors


Yes, it's that time of year again. The time just before the time of year I like the least. [winter] Fall is turning out to be a very colorful one around west MI. I have lots of trees on my 3-acre lot. Many maples, a cherry, a few oaks, some crab apples, a couple elm and then a couple I have no idea what they are. I shot a couple picks of the leaves in hopes that someone might know what they are.

Perhaps this one above should be the "State of MI" tree. Since it is kinda shaped like the Michigan mitten {minus the U.P.} Below are some other examples of the same tree's leaves.
The third image reminds me of an Oak leaf. However, the Oak leaves are not typically jagged? I don't know. Wish I did. Wish I had that collection of wax paper-ironed fall leaves from grade school that would tell me what leaves I was looking at. Oh well, I do not have them. Perhaps I can make my own collection of wax paper/ironed leaves. If I could only remember how... Ah, the art projects of childhood.

1 comment:

kathleen said...

the first leaves you show are sassafras