Sunday, October 09, 2005

Gentleman's Race




Today I got to watch my brother-in-law live out one of his dreams of riding his 2002 Corvette something series (sorry, I don't know the model #) on a race track. The "race" considered to be a "Gentleman's race" where the men are not out to place first (or damage their pricey cars) but just want to ride on a closed course race track with straight-aways, tight corners, hills, etc. and feel as though they are actually in a race. There is some passing for position, but nothing too intense. These guys seemed to be out there because they love (to drive) their cars instead of wanting to win the race. It was cool to watch.

I got in trouble a couple of times because I got a little too close to the track and was asked to back off. I backed off but still got some good shots. I shot about 200 pictures. A few of them were for other men that saw me shooting and wanted pics of their car/race. It was fun. Very different than the Figure 8 races I have attended in the past year, but enjoyable none-the-less.

No comments: