Sunday, October 02, 2005

Grilled Salmon




Although I am not a seafood fan, I decided I must try the salmon that I was given in return for the photos I took. So, I marinated the salmon steaks in olive oil, lime juice, crushed garlic and pepper; grilled them and had one for dinner. The smell and the flavor of the meat was not at all fishy [probably because it was sooo fresh] which was a very good thing. It was good, but I must say, I had a hard time peeling the skin off so I could eat the fish. It really creeped me out as it was too close to the fish for me. My next career will not be, "fisherman".

I remember fishing with my grandfather when I was a little girl and spending a lot of time puking from the smell. (I don't think he was too happy about that.) To think, that my family comes from a fishing community in Nfld.

Oh well, the fish did not go to waste. I called my friend Carole (who loves Salmon) and gave her 3 grilled steaks and 4 frozen steaks. She was, oh, so happy to have the salmon. I just could not eat the salmon. I wonder, if I went to a farmer's field, and took pictures of his beef cattle, would he give me some steaks in trade?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time ask that the Salmon be skinned ahead of time. When we went fishin' in Aug., the boat captain did it for us. So easy -- and so much tastier!